Phew! What a week I had visiting family and friends in New York! It’s crazy how when I’m out of my routine for 10 days, how much I missed it! I really like having structure in my life, what about you? Are you a go with the flow type person, or would you rather have structure? I’d love to hear from you on which you are! It helps me help you! TELL ME HERE, click the IG icon and DM ME!! I would love to hear from you!
As you may have noticed, this past week on social media we were talking all about on the go snacks to help you stay on track with your health and wellness goals, and help push you in the direction of your weight loss goals too! I literally get the same question from every single client; what snacks can I pack that are easy, quick and healthy? I wanted to recap in this blog in case you missed it! These are literally the exact snacks I pack when I’m on the go, and used them all week during my travels!
- Nuts Nuts Nuts, and Seeds!! I prefer macadamia’s, pecans, cashews and pumpkin seeds! But any nuts do the trick! Walnuts, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, you name it! They are most nutritious when they are raw and soaked overnight or sprouted, but if you don’t have time for that, you’ll still reap the benefits! Nuts are truly like medicine, and all you need is a handful a day!
- Beef/Turkey Jerky! My favorite brand is The New Primal! They come in packages or sticks with a variety of flavors that are super easy to throw in your bag for a protein punch!
- Almond Butter! They come in small individual packets you can also throw in your bag. With the combo of healthy fats and protein, they are sure to keep you satisfied! I love the honey and maple flavors…because balance right? Toss in an apple for more of a mini meal! (Remember the trick: always pair carbs with some form of fat or protein to slow down a spike in your blood sugar as well as digestion)
- Hard-Boiled Eggs! This is one of my favs because they’re filling! Actually, I brought them on my flight on Sunday. I made them the night before, and voila! Again, packs a great punch of good fat and protein to surely keep you full!
- Bulletproof Protein Bars! I would prefer you try your best to eat whole real foods, but I get that you have a busy life and need a bar to grab and go. I like the ingredients in this bar for the most part, and it has a great combo of fat and protein (If you haven’t noticed, I’m a big fan of this)
This week on social we are sharing ideas, recipes and more for healthy and quick breakfast, lunch and dinners! Oh, and some “sweet” treats too! Be sure to follow and CHECK US OUT! We share a ton of stuff on IG and FB stories, (especially what I eat and my workouts) so be sure to watch those for some ideas too!Go grab some of these easy snacks to have on hand to help you stay on track with your goals!