What are Micronutrients?
Micronutrients are vitamins and minerals needed by the body in very small amounts. However, their impact on a body’s health are critical, and deficiency in any of them can cause severe and even life-threatening conditions.
They perform a range of functions, including enabling the body to produce enzymes, hormones and other substances needed for normal growth and development.
Micronutrient deficiencies can cause visible and dangerous health conditions, but they can also lead to less clinically notable reductions in energy level, mental clarity and overall capacity. This can lead to reduced educational outcomes, reduced work productivity and increased risk from other diseases and health conditions.
Many of these deficiencies are preventable through nutrition and supplementation.
Is Micronutrient Testing right for me?
This test can support:
- Burnout, fatigue, depression, mood swings, low energy
- Chronic health conditions, and/or any metabolic syndrome
- Nutritional and health optimization
- Women’s health symptoms
- Weight management, obesity
- Optimize physical performance and sports nutrition
- Fight the affects of stress on the body
- Pre and post-surgery
- Ensuring you are buying the right supplements for your personal needs to optimize overall health and wellness
What does it test for?
The panel test 104 levels across
- Amino acids
- Botanicals, plant extracts, pigments, phytonutrients
- Antioxidant Nutrients and Enzymes
- Other nutrients
Personalized Treatment Plans
Once your results are delivered directly to your inbox, you'll have the opportunity to schedule a one on one to review your results. The Wellness team at DSR will design a custom IV and oral supplement plan just for you!
What does it all mean?
Micronutrients - vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and fatty acids are utilized within cells as the “spark” behind metabolic reactions. They are vital to maintain proper cell function and balance oxidative stress and antioxidant factors to prevent damage in the body.
Lifestyle, genetics, pregnancy, recent infection, sleep patterns, over exertion in sports, age, and gender all play a role in your micronutrient levels and how they function within your body.
A micronutrient test provides an exact insight into your long term intracellular nutrient health, information about the nutrient stored inside your cells and how your cells are functioning and impacting your overall health and wellness.
- How much does it cost?
- $400 includes the blood draw, results review as well as a custom oral
- supplement plan as well as a custom IV therapy plan.
- Do I need to fast?
- The Micronutrient Test measures your body's ability to absorb vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other essential nutrients into your cells. This non-fasting blood test tells if you have a vitamin deficiency and gives you a plan for how to correct it.
- Can I get an IM or IV prior to my blood test?
- Refrain from any IMs or IVs at least 5 days prior to your blood draw for most accurate results